What We Do
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Benton County (CAC) opened January 10, 2000 to serve sexually and physically abused victims in a child-friendly, supportive environment.
At the CAC abused children and their families can receive the support needed to deal with the abuse.
We are available to serve all Benton County child abuse victims under age 18 after a report has been made to the child abuse hotline.
- A child-friendly and non-threatening environment
- Trained forensic interviewers (bilingual services available)
- Specialized Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner and an on-site medical exam room
- Child advocates to assess family needs and provide follow-up, support, and referral services
- On-site counselors available to meet with the child and non-offending family members
- All services at no charge to the family
According to the National Children’s Alliance:
“The collaborative child-focused approach of a Children’s Advocacy Center ensures that children
are not further victimized by the systems intended to protect them.”